Sunday, May 29, 2011

...you just kinda wasted my prescious time...

a mellow spring evenin's a'callin' my name tonight as the crooked tree waves its crooked arms in my direction.

and i'm gonna sit here and i'm gonna soak up the sounds of the dusk, splashed with some dylan in my ears and the whispery breeze on my skin.

i ain't got no where to go.
ain't got no time to keep.
just some jim and a dog who's watchin' the evening fall around me while keepin' up on the going's on in the grass around us.

i spent my day drivin' the highways that lead off into the sunset, but heard reality and turned before i got there, turned just in time to see some light and some friendly faces lookin' my way.

couldn't have asked for a better day...

sat at the lake this cloudy sunday, fishin' with the generations, watchin' clouds float lazily by, as i've done for my whole life past, waitin' for a nibble of somethin' new to focus on.
i mostly caught a whole buncha nothin' but never cared an ounce.
didn't matter.
i was there and life was around me, splashin' the dock with waves of reflection and years of growth.

and now, here i am, tryin' to figure out what i'm doing with myself.
feelin' all loose in my brain, like nothin's quite connected but it's all still there...just rattling around like screws in a tin can.

my voice is changing.

well, not changing, just going back.
the disconnected, chirpy thoughts of recent past are a result of not listening.
i've been majorly logged out of life lately and not afraid of the silence anymore and suddenly, i hear all of these words.

i can feel all of these thoughts.

and it doesn't feel anything but rich and full and beautiful.
and i haven't felt so connected with myself since forever...and it's all an incidental result of me getting crabby and logging off in a typical iris-haste.
of me telling myself i have to give myself up to make myself better.
i guess, i don't go down without a fight.
it's like real me, making a cameo in the tale of new me.

i keep thinkin' i'm crazy maybe.
((but i know YOU get it all though.))
if i was a cube girl, sittin' in khaki's, this would all be crazy.
but me, being me...it's pretty normal.



when your rooster's a crowing at the break of dawn

look out your window and I'll be gone
you're the reason why i'm traveling on
but don't think twice, it's all right





No comments: