Monday, August 1, 2011

it was, well, a day

(this was the aftermath of the storm i hiked through. why do i not hike more? i mean, minus the storms and stuff...)

girl scout camp: day one.

well...actually it all started with night one. i had a major issue (near breakdown) because i couldn't fit both my film and digi camera in my backpack without losing something major, like water or rain gear. my guy figured out a great way to strap my thermos into the tripod straps and it totally worked and i said screw the rain gear. however, when i got up today, it was pouring...so, to save the camera's, and myself, i was forced to swap them out for the 'ol poncho. (which, btw, turned out to be a solid idea, considering i found myself in the middle of the woods, hiking through a severe thunder storm warning. i've never seen so many bolts of lightening, up so closely. it was gorgeous and yes...totally unsafe.) i had amazing hiking boots on, 100% waterproof, which completely saved my day. i couldn't imagine that final hike with soaked feet; or, going through the day that way. it literally rained from the moment we got there until the moment we left.)

tomorrow will (should) be better? the trick now though...drying my backpack enough to pack both camera's...who needs rain gear?

No comments: