Saturday, April 30, 2011

you make me feel so good...








yikes. such a photo-heavy blog. that's okay. i needed one of these...means i was doin' something productive.

we hit the art crawl tonight. myself, my kid and one of my bff's. it was awesome and inspiring and fun and friendly and i chatted tons and learned a lot and saw lots of cool stuff and heard good music, met nice people and got excited about art...and, when you're livin' a suburban life, it's really easy to feel like the odd ball out on a daily basis; but there, there, i felt normal and being excited about art was okay...not strange or 'trendy'...it was, well, life...normal life. (this art fair also happens in my favorite art city, ever. real art. real people. real smiles. real pride. real life. pretentiousness is non-existent.)

so yeah. tomorrow holds garage sales and baking and me, wearing weird clothes, per the norm...and feeling proud. not strange.

and tonight, my kid fell asleep drawing a picture for a good friend and it felt wonderful to see her inspired to make art until she literally fell over (all to be kept in a folder entitled, 'folder of hard work,' nonetheless).

funny. being me...being close to who i am, makes me feel good all around...as a person, a friend and as a mom :)

now...now i gotta ride this art high until the wave breaks and i'm waiting for another...but first, sleep iris. sleep...

No comments: