Monday, February 25, 2008

no title...i just turned the tv on and it killed my creativity ok...

(i went for a drive today...i have yet to figure out where i was)

yesterday, i didn't blog. there were a few reasons contributing to my lack of internet input. first, it was just a long day. my kid had her first actual birthday party and it wore me out more than i ever thought it would. thank god for parental support from the parents who have been through this before. i needed some support yesterday and much assistance. i didn't think i would; after all, how hard could it be to keep track of seven children, plus hold conversation, plus serve food, plus help with presents, plus take pictures, plus communicate with the girl leading the kids through their activities, plus get a bite to eat for myself...? thank god for support. it was a great first party though...my kid has memories of her family and her friends and of being the star for the day...it was all so wonderfully worth it.

so yeah, that was reason one.

then, there was reason two...my computer finally bit the dust. it was a long time coming. due to my inability to remember past lessons learned, i really screwed it up...again. my man, being the genius he is, backed all my pics up, wiped my whole computer clean and re-built everything. he did all of this in like an hour. but, by that point i was still so exhausted from the party (and all the rock band i played while trying to relax from the party), that the thought of figuring out all the new computer stuff and writing seemed impossible.

and there, that was reason two.
and finally, here comes reason three...

after an internet free day, i decided to keep it that way. it was wonderful not checking the news or my e-mail and it's amazing how little i really care.

so there, my three reasons for not being around yesterday. i'm off to watch some californication right now. this show is so freakin awesome.

No comments: