Wednesday, June 4, 2008

screw the healthy thing...


we're having a party on saturday; half housewarming, half just for fun.

it's become quite apparent that my party is an excuse for everyone else to have a good time while i have a pretty normal, take care of it all sort of night. i have those every night, yay.

here's the update on my terrific party as of now (all of this was found out in the last 24 hours btw, hence my irritation):

i volunteered to babysit my nephew so my sister can go see some car race she really wants to see. i figured since i'll be here either way he can hang out until she comes over after the race thing. she's not sure what she's doing due right now and may just end up leaving him someplace else for the night so she can have more fun.

then there's my grandma. it looks like, as of right now, i will be making the 112 mile round trip to pick her up and bring her home that day. fine. i'm not complaining about it, it's just that no one else can help due to their plans to have their own fun...car races, motorcycles, plans to drink too much etc...

and now, my kids best friend won't be here. my nephew is iffy and the other boy coming definitely won't be here late, if he's here at all...mostly depending on if my nephew's coming. so basically, that leaves my kid who is not only disappointed, but will also be my whole responsibility that night...like normal. (fine, i understand, i have a kid and all, but i'm just asking for one night) putting her to bed early is impossible due to the fact we have played this up as a family party and i'm not about to be that selfish by telling her the we'll save some of the smores stuff her and i bought, or that we won't do too many sparklers while she's sleeping...that's just mean. so it will be her and a bunch of adults all day and all night...that oughta be fun for me...if you've ever hung out with a bored five year old, you'll know how much i'm dreading this...and if not, trust me, it's as bad as you probably think.

i understand people want to have their own fun, i do. i like fun too; in fact, i'm contemplating going dancing that night. i maybe sound selfish, but if you know me, you would know that this is like the first party i've had since i was about 18. i do nothing for my birthdays and did nothing for my college graduation...actually, for that, i got nothing but a card from my regulars at the restaurant i was working at at the time and didn't say a damn thing about it...so yeah, maybe i sound a bit self-centered but i was really excited about this (and with good reason i think), until like, last night... and don't get me wrong folks, i'm NOT mad at anyone at all, just a tad disappointed...and freshly disappointed at that, hence the need to bitch and moan.

i guess, what this all boils down to and leaves me with is the same old same old, i will be spending a bunch of money and hanging out with my kid...this time, i have to clean the whole house first though.