Sunday, August 8, 2010

wishin i was ten again, so i could be your friend again...




(taken by 14 yr old me while hiking in glacier nat'l park. these shots are taken while going through logan's pass...)

oh! so i love my new project!

here's the how's of how it was born:
i was sittin at my dad's house, all alone, in complete quiet, road map in hand, thinkin' about where to go next with my camera...i was all geared up and rarin' to go. however, the problem with that scenario didn't lie within my motivation, my gear, my lack of a plan--as i never have a plan, or my creativity...the problem lied within the fact it was 93 effin degrees outside and the air was so dense you could nearly swim through it. so, i sat there, back pack on, pettin a purring cat...tryin to push past the lazy feeling the afternoon was forcing upon me--and i just couldn't do it.
so, i sat there.
feeling like a loser.
a sweaty, cranky, loser.
and then i started thinking about how long i've actually had a camera in my hand...thanks mostly to my dad and christmas. i started thinkin about how badly i always needed to have a working camera and film in order to feel complete. i started thinking about all the camera's i've been through and all the pictures i've taken over time. and then i started remembering the genuine excitement every time i'd develop a roll of film and how i'd pick out, so carefully, all of the best shots; how i'd sort all my photos into piles and change my fav's from each batch time and time again. then, i started thinking about all the time i'd take, carefully laying out my photos in an album and how much thought i'd put into the order of them, to make it make sense. then, thanks to all of that and to being at my dad's...i remembered the photo albums that i had worked so hard on, with the pictures i'd taken so much time with, were right there, in that house, behind an opening in the wall!

at that moment, i decided to re-master; to take my old, and digitally alter them into new. the same...but fresh. something with new life. i could finally give that work the attention i had wanted to so badly back then but couldn't...because the means didn't exist.

so...that's what i've been up to! like when george lucas digitally remastered star wars; it's like that. hmmm. well, my pics are gonna actually get better though...

No comments: