Sunday, September 7, 2008

pass the cakes and jam please

so, this summer i've house-sat for my neighbor three times so far. i keep telling her it's my pleasure and do really mean it; she's just out my back yard and my kid adores her cat; it's easy. however, she keeps insisting on buying me stuff or bringing me stuff home from her trips and as much as i tell her it's not necessary, she does anyway. on her last trip to iowa she stopped at her favorite little store and picked up five jars of preserves and jams along with a cherry butter that i am dying to try--oh, and homemade noodles that look perfect to throw in a soup. i was so thankful, it was such a nice surprise :)

one of these days i'm gonna make five little pancakes and sit at my table with my five jars of jams and thouroughly enjoy each and every one of them.

No comments: