Monday, October 6, 2008

bookin a day in advance

(HE will be tomorrow's post...)

eh. i don't feel like talking about yesterday's post. i should though, huh...? since i said i would.

ok, so anyway...there was this guy who called my work; he wanted to propose to his girlfriend there. i was all like yeah, whatever...you have to pay admission blah, blah, blah...i'll see what i can do, if i can do anything at all. my boss and co-worker, however, talked to him during my weekend and were all like, awwwww...that is SO sweet! you can come in on sunday like you wanted, iris will be there and will do whatever you need to make your special day work and don't worry about a thing, or admission, or anything; she'll do it all. (ok, so it wasn't exactly like that...but whatever.)

anyway, on my monday...all i got in my 'notes', was that he left a fake 'prize' at my cube that he told her he 'won' in a drawing and that he needed to come into the museum to pick it up...i would have to figure out the rest. so yeah, while rolling my eyes...i wrote up a congratulatory letter telling him to enjoy his new games with his family (i made up some family outreach thing to encourage play time outside of the museum, yada, yada, yada.) see, his goal was to somehow get her into the museum to pop the question. i attached some museum logo stuff to the package i wrapped his 'prizes' in and attatched the letter (hence yesterday's photo). when they got to the museum i told him that with our 'family outreach program' we typically give out free tickets to the museum but since they didn't have kids, and since the weather was rainy and cold, they were more than welcome to come in and look around. (he was a slightly bumbly fellow and i saw him start to panic at this point...later, i found out that he wasn't sure i knew about the plan and thought i was serious. that explained his incessant winking around that same time.) i gave him his 'prizes' and sent them on their way. his girlfriend was completely clueless. in fact, she seemed slightly annoyed that he insisted they utilize the free passes and looked like she wanted to leave. i encouraged her to loosen up and have some fun. at one point, i thought she might tell me to shut up or better yet, smack me.

ten minutes later, i get a call from security saying he was asking for me. (i made it clear to him that i had left my personal number on his congratulatory letter--in case he needed anything or had any questions.) i walked back up front, slightly rolling my eyes again, to find the girlfriend, now fiance, happily chirping away on her cell phone to some other chirpy woman i'm sure. the guy was in this fluttery sort of, in-love-she-actually-said-yes-i'm-getting-married sort of shock. it was undeniably sweet...not in a roll your eyes sort of way, but in an ouch-my-teeth-hurt kind of way. they both gave me massive props on my fibbing abilities that made me feel good. in an, i-shouldn't-be-proud-of-this sort of way, and that was that. i did my part in a stranger's life and my good deed for the day. yay.

from the girl that refuses to watch a romantic comedy because she despises them, it was actually cute...not in a heather grahm/matthew mc conoughhey sort of way though, but in a meg ryan/tom hanks kinda way, i think.

oh, for the record, my favorite romatic comedy sorta flick is true romance. there's lots of blood...and tony soprano gets a cork screw in the toe.

No comments: