Friday, November 5, 2010

plop, plop, fizz, fizz...

(one day...i ventured into the backyard for this tidbit i've entitled, tie dye fall. i can't even imagine ever being a photographer anymore. all i can do is sleep...)

as i sit here, working up the courage to down two more amoxicilin pills, i'm thinking, 'wow, it's been awhile since i blogged.' i debated a glass of wine tonight, mostly in order to reclaim some sense of normalcy, but actually drinking any wasn't something i could make myself do. my stomach is already upset enough from the 1500 mg of antibiotics i'm swallowing daily and wine didn't seem like it'd be a polite addition to the fire. so, i went for an english muffin and a glass of milk instead.

my new job is attempting to kill me. i inherited a classroom at a very bad time of the year in the way of sickness and the age group i work with is still working on those basic things like, well, wiping their own noses. i ended up, within my first two weeks of work, with both strep throat and a sinus infection. in fact, these last two weeks have been nothing but a fever and/or drug induced blur. it's all ran together like one big, long, bad day. i had to smile for my class photo today...i looked terrible. my hair was sticking up, my skin was ghostly and my eyes were watering. i guess it'll be a reminder of how lousy i felt? either way, i'm on the mend now...after a shot of penicillin and now antibiotics, i can at least swallow again and hey, it's 11:00 and i'm still awake. i don't actually remember the last time i've made it past nine.

i'm thinking tomorrow, i may attempt laundry or some other household chore that desperately needs to be accomplished. hell, i may even dust off my camera and do something, anything with it. also, i might wear something other than sweatpants.

both halloween and my 30th bday were ruined due to being sick. i canceled my own halloween party and my birthday, well, i haven't even had the energy to shop with the money that's been given to me. i received some incredibly thoughtful gifts and have hardly even acknowledged them due to the fact that nothing but work and the kid have been on my priority list--and i've struggled with both of those.

anyway...that's where i've been at. sick.

and this is the best i can do tonight...

No comments: